Sunday, September 23, 2012

Teasing Out the "Big" Questions

Now that the Jumping Bean is in first grade, we have homework. This week we were introduced to "answer a question poetry." Question poetry format is:

1) The question (What's...)
2) At least five lines answering the question
3) The question as a declarative That's...)

JB's assignment was: "What's School?" While JB was writing his poem, I wrote one of my own: "What's JB?"

Writing about JB is quite easy for me. I'm writing another about a "thing" I can't see my way around. It's taking more thought. What is it exactly? What's upsetting about it? What's the joy in it? How do I feel about it? I'm teasing it out, and I hope to untangle the rat's nest.

Ask your own question. Use a question/answer poem and see what comes up. If you are moved to do so, please share your experience with us.

Our Creative Space


What's Jumping Bean?
Silly. Funny.
Creative, building artist
Awesome, wondrous, stupendous
Mystery of the Universe
Full of Magic
Son
That's JB.




No comments:

Post a Comment