Saturday, November 29, 2014

Ending NaNoWriMo (The Poet's Way)

I did it! Tonight I realized I mis-numbered my NaNoWriMo poems and I actually finished the 30 poem of November this evening.

I think this is the first time I've committed and followed through with a writing challenge ever. Here are my stats (Unofficial):

Poetry Words: 5400
Poems: 30
Total words (with 3 blog posts): 8650

I have one more day. I might break 10,000 words before midnight tomorrow night. I can't believe how fast my word count went up!

I learned a few lessons:
  1. I have at least one experience a day worth writing about
  2. I can give up perfection. Not every poem even has to be perfect or share worthy
  3. Writers' block is in my head
  4. Once I start writing, it is not difficult to keep going
  5. Four to six word phrases are great starting points
  6. Following through was about being in partnership and supporting my writers' group
How are you challenging yourself? What keeps you from completing a challenge? What keeps you working toward a goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment