Sunday, January 6, 2013

Finish More: A Beginning

Last year I set an intention rather than a resolution: Love more and I did. Remembering two words instead a list of resolutions worked well for me.

This year I didn't know what to set as an intention. Here's a few I went through:
  • Be more compassionate
  • Give more
  • Socialize more
  • Write more
Each one of these left a sick feeling in my stomach.

Gears: They work when they are touching. I see no straight lines to anywhere.
 Now I've got it:

FINISH MORE
 
This year I'm documenting my intention with an epic poem. Look my be something like my own Beowulf with a happier ending.

What is your intention for the year? How will you remind yourself of your intention and celebrate it?

Look

I: The Loved and Incomplete
Half-painted walls: The bright of new stands stark against fading purity
A fairy brick road: Nowhere to go. A tripping stair. Missing light.
The Naked Table: Not a paint, a brush, or an adhesive stuck to its top
A plane unwound to grounded, wings askew. White Strips mid-wall
A Breathing room: No space to breathe or sit or sing
Hyacinths: No dirt for spring bloom. Bare walls: Begging for memories
Twelve abandon novels, histories, and chaos theory. Nine credits: Shy of master.


2 comments:

  1. Yes! I might borrow your intention. Otherwise mine is: be kind. To myself and to others. How to remind myself? That I have to learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do borrow it. Being kind is a wise and noble intention. Here are a few ways remind myself of intentions (I used your intention as an example):

      Write down one way you've been kind every day.
      Make note for yourself. Put them in places you go often and hide some. (they'll pop up when you need them most)
      Smile.
      Find something of yourself in other
      Find something of someone you admire in yourself

      <3 Jules

      Delete