Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanku, Thanku Very Much

Once of the simplest forms of acknowledgement we can gift is saying thank you.

This week spin a few verses of your own in the form of a Thanku. The Thanku was coined by  The Thanku is a little twist on the Japanese poetry from the Haiku. Thankus are three lines following a 5-7-5 syllable pattern. A Thanku is themed with something you are thankful for. So if you are up for the challenge, write one Thanku or a million this week!

Thankus for my contemporaries at the Writersvibe
(Yes, you give me wings and I'm flying)

Gifts abound we all have
Found. If not for you, my write
Still lost underground

Encouragement here
Fear shed in flight, presence known
Now trimmed when overgrown


Thankus for my neighborhood family:
Neighbor adoption
You see, this lucky girl will
not be late to eat

Or for company
Of laughing friends, licking pups,
Brined turkey, red wine

Stuffing prepped the day
Before, french onioned green beans
Please, I will take more
Naked Red 'tators
Cut and boiling in the pot
Mashed with cream. Yum! Yum!

Apples in my bag
Fresh-picked from Maryland's trees
What a pie you'll be

Pecans and jack daniels
Butter and chocolate make
Sweet end post turkey


Please share with us here, share around your Thursday table, or share with our friends at the Teaching Authors. The teaching authors will be rounding up Thankus and the like between now and November 30th to share on their blog.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Jules! What a terrific collection of Thankus! I'll definitely be linking to your post in our roundup. Thanks so much for helping to spread the word about our Ten Days of Thanks-Giving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poems, "fear shed in flight" & "sweet end post turkey" images are awesome. Words are good things, are they not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmela, my pleasure! I'm almost always up for word play.
    Linda, YES! Words are our gift in the rest of the universe and have so much power.

    ReplyDelete