Wednesday, January 11, 2012

12X12 Squared

Last week I sent out a cover letter and a picture book manuscript to a publisher. I love reading picture books* and writing one was an unexpected joy. It lead me to Writersvibe powerhouse and reminded me how much I love words.

Picture books are not unlike poetry...the language is precise and simple, and the goal is get your read-tos and read-ers to ask for the story over and over (and over and over.)

So this year, I'm putting some of those funny life quirks into 12 picture books in 12 months.


*Thanks, Mom, I love the way you spoke to me well into adulthood through gifts like Tacky the Penguin and the princess story where the princess outwitted all of her would be princes.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome!I love writing poetry as much as I love writing stories. I have decided to combine the two and join this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie! I'm in wow of gift of community you've brought together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rena, play with words is one of my gifts, and I also appreciate brevity. I don't think I can help but put poetry and children together!

    ReplyDelete