Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Music Remembered

My left arm hurts. My left wrist hurts. My left shoulder hurts. The left side of my neck hurts.
The x-rays say I'm fine.

I can't practice my guitar.
I can't type all day.
I can't cross stitch.
I can't hand write.
I can't carry anything heavy.

I'm a lefty...this sucks. 

Or not. 

I choose joy.

This week, watch the video above and be your own experiment. (Yes, please, do share!)


                                            Music Remembered

Mozart dances a scale
Doe (a dear a female deer)
Rae (drop of golden sun)
Mi (a name I call my self)
Our fingers float, stumbling
Long remembered melodies
Fa (a long, long way to run)
So (a needle pulling thread)
Mostly forgotten between
Twitches, tears, and years
La (a note that follows so)
Ti (a drink with jam and bread)
Fingers fly across smooth, cool keys
   A trill: Gently rocking
   An upscale: Thumb
swinging under to F
A cool grand arpeggio adds
The rumbling bass
   pinky finding high C
The strings echo the chorus
   A downscale:
Tallman swinging over,
resting on E
We swell to a forte song of joy
With pianissimo pain and
Into andante giggles
   thumb finding home on middle C
All we need do is listen
(that will bring us back to) Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment