Monday, November 21, 2011

Gifts of the Loyal Guide

I have a friend who's promise to us and to the universe to show up as a loyal guide. Yesterday, in two minutes, I listed my gifts to you. Today in two minutes, I listed her gifts to me. Her list is easier.

This week I'll exploring the gifts of acknowledgement with more than a *.

For today, pick someone or something in your life (past or present) and spend two minutes make a list of the gifts you have received. Keep them handy.

Gifts of the Loyal Guide
Grace
Perseverance
Student of Life & Love
Generosity
Listening ear
Acceptance
Angels
Audio books
Adventure
Mother--from a new perspective
Heart
Love
The drum as eyes (only the guide wasn't wearing a blindfold)
Death
Unknowing
New food and restaurants
Distance healing
Reiki
Hope
Letting go
Connection
Comfort in not knowing
Letting go of worry
Welcoming life as death
Life as gift
Welcoming generosity
Asking for help
Sameness and different-ness



Yesterday, our loyal guide took her last breath.

Last night I dreamt of being in a row boat with my son. Water and storm clouds as far as we could see. We were alone. I felt my heart beating faster and my breath getting shallow. The sun came out and a voice told me to look behind us. I took a deep breath and looked behind us. a rainbow filled the sky. "Look, look, a rainbow!" I said and I pointed. I turned around again and the water was filled with boats and people with their chins tipped up and fingers pointing toward the sky. My heart beat slowed and I found myself smiling and waving my arms so hard I almost tipped the boat.

Ever the loyal guide--even as her soul passes from this life to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment